Summary: North America is not a landlocked area but one that encompasses the massive Pacific Ocean on its west and the wavy Atlantic Ocean on its east. This makes North America steer away from the other places and become one of the most popular vacation destination for every individual. Being surrounded by water all over, it is the most preferred choice of sailing and sail camping for adventurists.
Many beautiful and truly amazing islands make up for what North America is right now. With the Pacific Ocean to its west and the Atlantic Ocean to its east, this place is ideal for sail camping, and sailing during vacations and short breaks. The greatest advantage owned by North America to become the most preferred choice for sailing enthusiasts is that it has a world of options for everyone. From hiring a yacht to camping to going for nature trails and hiking, North America has a lot more to offer to its visitors and camp sailors.
Ideal destinations for Sail Camping
- British Columbia is one option where one may find more than 75 well preserved marine parks. The best time to go for sailing is during the summers when the weather is quite dry.
- Black Lake is one of the many inlets and bays which are again a perfect choice for kayaking.
- Gulf Islands situated on the North of Georgia Strait is an incredible venue for sailing while enjoying the countless flora and fauna. The multitudes of places that are still waiting in queue to be explored include the Prevost and the very beautiful Wallace Islands.
- Places like Sidney Spit and Pirates Cove are also quite famous amongst both couples and families who love sailing. One may enjoy the flora and fauna here to a great extent. Sailing enthusiasts can set up camp or even go for fishing alongside sail camping activities.
- While sailing, you may visit the main village of Ganges, the Salt spring Island that offers a perfect view of the Gulf Islands
- There are many other bays and inlets in the Vancouver Islands; the largest of them all is the Alberni Inlet. This inlet runs through the entire island and gives the sailors an opportunity to visit the Port Alberni where they can charter a yacht.
- The Saanich Inlet on the eastern side also is a great camp sailing destination.
Apart from all these destinations, North America is one such place in the entire world that is brimming with multiple options for camp sailing activities. One who visits this place is sure to not return empty handed. From the beautiful natural resources to the huge mountain ranges, crystal clears waters in seas and oceans and the very dramatic flora and fauna; one can also find beautiful anchorages. Nature enthusiasts can take breaks from camp sailing and go for hiking trails and kayaking.